Department:AFYA TIMIZA Project
Education:Degree in Public Health, Health promotion, Nutrition or other related field
Centre for Behaviour Change and Communication (CBCC) Africa is a Kenyan organisation dedicated to providing locally driven comprehensive Social and Behaviour Change (SBC) solutions across different sectors using evidenced based programming, continued innovative approaches and strengthened partnerships. We have demonstrated expertise in SBC programme design, planning, implementation, evaluation, training, capacity strengthening and research. CBCC Africa is committed to achieving transformation of communities as well as creating lasting and impactful societal change through our contribution to SBC policy and practice in Kenya and the rest of Africa.
CBCC Africa is seeking to recruit a Social and Behaviour Change Communication Project Officer to be based in Maralal, Samburu County for the AFYA TIMIZA Project.
About USAID AFYA TIMIZA
AFYA TIMIZA is a USAID project designed to support enhanced access to and utilization of quality Family Planning/Reproductive, Maternal, New-born, Child and Adolescent Health [FP/RMNCAH], Nutrition and WASH services in selected sub counties in Samburu & Turkana. The project seeks to sustainably improve the health outcomes for mothers, children and adolescents in Samburu & Turkana Counties over a 5-year period [September 2016 to September 2021]
CBCC Africa is one of the AFYA TIMIZA project partners responsible for increasing care-seeking and health promoting behaviours in the selected sub-counties in Samburu and Turkana.
Reporting to the Project Manager SBCC, the SBCC Officer will lead the SBCC component of the AFYA TIMIZA project in Samburu East and Central Sub Counties in strengthening the capacity of stakeholders in planning, implementation and monitoring. He / She will contribute to the development, budgeting, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the AFYA TIMIZA annual County workplans to achieve the desired project outcomes. The SBCC Officer will be part of the consortium partners in Samburu County working under the day to day supervision of the AFYA TIMIZA FP/RMNCAH, Nutrition and WASH Advisor for Samburu.
- Spearhead the implementation of the Samburu County FP/RMNCAH, Nutrition & WASH communication strategy
• Strengthen the capacity of key actors in SBCC in line with the relevant national guidelines
• Ensure work plan objectives, activities, budgets and project implementation are completed on schedule, on budget, measurable and with the highest level of quality
• Contribute to timely, accurate and appropriate reporting of programme activities and results including monthly, quarterly and annual progress reports
• Participate regularly in relevant coordination and technical working groups and task forces at county level
• Carry out other tasks as required by CBCC Africa leadership ensuring overall success of the project
Knowledge and Skills
- Degree in one of the following or related fields: Public Health, Health promotion, Nutrition or other related field, or equivalent combination of education and work experience
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience in implementing SBCC
• Demonstrated experience in implementing and providing SBCC technical assistance to public health programmes
• A team player accustomed to building team capacity, excellent interpersonal, writing and oral presentation skills
• Strong management, results oriented and decision-making skills
• Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines and intense pressure to perform
• Proven ability to respond to changing situations in a flexible manner
• Strong experience in county-level advocacy and policy-planning
How to apply
If you would like to join the CBCC Africa team, please quote the position and reference number in the subject matter and send your CV and application letter and three work related referees through firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for submitting applications is 15th October 2019. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.