CBCC Africa is a Kenyan organisation dedicated to providing locally driven comprehensive Social and Behaviour Change (SBC) solutions across different sectors using evidenced based programming, continued innovative approaches and strengthened partnerships. We have demonstrated expertise in SBC programme design, planning, implementation, evaluation, training, capacity strengthening and research. CBCC Africa is committed to achieving transformation of communities as well as creating lasting and impactful societal change through our contribution to SBC policy and practice in Kenya and the rest of Africa.
About USAID IMARISHA JAMII PROJECT
USAID Imarisha Jamii program seeks to provide HIV care and treatment; services to orphans and vulnerable children and adolescents; and services in the areas of Family Planning/Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn, Child and Adolescent Health (FP/RMNCAH) and Nutrition. The purpose of the program is to increase the use of quality county-led health and social services in Turkana County, Kenya.
CBCC Africa is a Sub-Awardee in the Imarisha Jamii project responsible for supporting Social and Behaviour Change Communication primarily aimed at increasing Access and Demand to Quality HIV Prevention Services as well as Quality Family Planning, Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn, Child and Adolescent Health, Nutrition, Water and Sanitation Services.
CBCC Africa is seeking to fill the position of Programme Manager – Social and Behaviour Change Communication (SBCC) for the upcoming USAID Imarisha Jamii Project to be based in Turkana.
The Programme Manager will lead the CBCC Africa SBCC component of the Imarisha Jamii Project. The Programme Manager will provide technical leadership, management, and implementation oversight in Turkana County.
• Responsible for planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the SBCC component, ensuring the implementation of project strategies is in line with the approved workplan.
• Responsible for planning and management of project budgets as well as ensuring the utilization is in accordance with the approved budgets and compliance with CBCC and USAID operating standards and guidelines.
• Ensure activities are implemented in an effective, efficient and timely manner.
• Ensure timely, accurate and appropriate reporting of programme activities including monthly, quarterly and annual reports.
• Work collaboratively with other project team members to ensure necessary project planning and implementation development, resource availability and management activities function smoothly and efficiently.
• Develop and maintain relationships with key partners and County Governments.
• Strengthen the capacity of county level teams on SBCC in line with the relevant national guidelines.
• Participate regularly in relevant coordination and technical working groups and task forces at county level.
• Responsible for defining project baselines tracking progress, providing project status reports and determining cause deviations and taking corrective actions.
• Carry out other tasks as required by CBCC Africa leadership ensuring overall success of the project.
Knowledge and skills
• Master’s degree in one of the following or related fields; Public Health, Health promotion, Nutrition or other related field, or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
• A minimum of 7 years’ experience in programme management.
• Familiarity with USAID donor regulations, procedures, and requirements.
• Demonstrated experience in programme implementation and management.
• A team player accustomed to building team capacity.
• Excellent interpersonal, writing and oral presentation skills.
• Strong management, results oriented and decision-making skills.
• Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines and intense pressure to perform.
• Proven ability to respond to changing situations in a flexible manner.
• Strong experience in county-level advocacy and policy-planning.
How to apply
If you would like to join CBCC Africa team, please quote the position and reference number in the subject matter and send your CV and application letter and three work related referees through firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for submitting applications is 30th April 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.