The Programme Manager will lead the CBCC Africa SBCC component of the AFYA TIMIZA Project. The Programme Manager will provide technical leadership, management and implementation oversight for both counties.
Department:AFYA TIMIZA Project
Project Location(s):Turkana & Samburu
Education:Degree in Public Health, Health promotion, Nutrition or other related field
About USAID AFYA TIMIZA
In September 2016, Amref Health Africa was awarded the AFYA TIMIZA project by USAID/KEA which covers Samburu and Turkana Counties. The project aims to sustainably improve health outcomes for mothers, children and adolescents in Samburu and Turkana Counties. AFYA TIMIZA, which is a 5-year project, is rolling out an integrated package of services in Family Planning, Reproductive Health, Maternal, New-born, Child and Adolescent Health (FP/RMNCAH), Nutrition, Water, Sanitation and Hygiene through sustainable country and county-led actions, partnerships with the Ministries of Health, and by engaging key stakeholders.
CBCC Africa is a Sub-Awardee of AMREF in the AFYA TIMIZA Project responsible for supporting Sub-Purpose 2 aimed at increasing knowledge of and demand creation for FP/RMNCAH services as well as improved gender norms and socio-cultural practices.
CBCC Africa is seeking to fill the position of Programme Manager – Social and Behaviour Change Communication (SBCC) for the USAID AFYA TIMIZA Project to be based in Turkana/Samburu.
- Responsible for planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the SBCC component, ensuring the implementation of project strategies is in line with the approved workplan.
• Responsible for planning and management of project budgets as well as ensuring the utilization is in accordance with the approved budgets and compliance with CBCC and USAID operating standards and guidelines.
• Ensure activities are implemented in an effective, efficient and timely manner.
• Ensure timely, accurate and appropriate reporting of programme activities including monthly, quarterly and annual reports.
• Work collaboratively with other project team members to ensure necessary project planning and implementation development, resource availability and management activities function smoothly and efficiently.
• Develop and maintain relationships with key partners and County Governments.
• Strengthen the capacity of county level teams on SBCC in line with the relevant national guidelines.
• Participate regularly in relevant coordination and technical working groups and task forces at county level.
• Responsible for defining project baselines tracking progress, providing project status reports and determining cause deviations and taking corrective actions.
• Carry out other tasks as required by CBCC leadership ensuring overall success of the project.
Knowledge and Skills
- Degree in one of the following or related fields; Public Health, Health promotion, Nutrition or other related field, or equivalent combination of education and work experience
• A minimum of 7 years’ experience in programme management
• Demonstrated experience in programme implementation and management
• A team player accustomed to building team capacity
• Excellent interpersonal, writing and oral presentation skills
• Strong management, results oriented and decision-making skills
• Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines and intense pressure to perform
• Proven ability to respond to changing situations in a flexible manner
• Strong experience in county-level advocacy and policy-planning
How to apply
If you would like to join the CBCC Africa team, please quote the position and reference number in the subject matter and send your CV and application letter and three work related referees through firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for submitting applications is 15th October 2019. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.