Department:Finance and Administration
Project Location(s):Nairobi, KE
Education:Degree in Finance, Accounting or MBA
Centre for Behaviour Change and Communication (CBCC) Africa is a Kenyan organisation dedicated to providing locally driven comprehensive Social and Behaviour Change (SBC) solutions across different sectors using evidenced based programming, continued innovative approaches and strengthened partnerships. We have demonstrated expertise in SBC programme design, planning, implementation, evaluation, training, capacity strengthening and research. CBCC Africa is committed to achieving transformation of communities as well as creating lasting and impactful societal change through our contribution to SBC policy and practice in Kenya and the rest of Africa. CBCC Africa is seeking to fill the position of Finance Manager; this position is based in Nairobi.
The FAM is a member of senior leadership team of the organization. Reporting to the Managing Director, this position will be responsible for overall oversight of financial management and budgeting, management and statutory reporting, risk management, administration, executive support to the leadership team and board. The FAM will oversee operations of the finance department, set goals and objectives, and design a framework for these to be met. This includes leading all day to day accounting operations, with functional responsibility for accounting, accounts payable, payroll and grants administration. The FAM will be responsible for managing receipts and payments and ensuring that they are done in accordance to the organization’s policies and existing partner/client requirement. The position is responsible for developing and implementing internal control systems to safeguard the organization’s assets and financial resources. The FAM will be responsible for production of financial reports, proper maintenance of accounting records, accurate processing of financial transactions and administration of comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk and comply with generally accepted accounting principles and adhere to grants management standards. The position also manages relationships with clients, banks and auditors to ensure relations are mutually beneficial.
- Provide leadership to finance and accounting areas of the organization.
• Plan and coordinate the activities of the Finance Department by ensuring that there are adequate resources to effectively undertake planned activities for the projects.
• Provide leadership and supervision to all Finance and administration staff, ensuring that their daily tasks are carried out in an effective and efficient manner, as per company policies and Development Partner regulations.
• Provide leadership in budget preparation and monitoring for all projects/programme as per organization and Development Partner guidelines and policies, on monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
• Provide timely and sound financial reports to the management, partners and other stakeholders on monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
• Provide and file timely and sound statutory financial reports on monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
• Develop, update and train on organizational financial policies and procedures ensuring compliance to the said policies.
• Review monthly payments including payroll for all staff.
• Prepare and submit statutory deductions.
• Maintain leave schedule for all employees.
• Maintain and oversee insurance for staff and organization assets and keep them updated.
• Review reconciliations of all balance sheets items on monthly basis.
• Strengthen financial systems and internal controls ensuring that transactions are adequately captured, reviewed and recorded accordingly in the system.
• Ensure all payments are adequately supported by the relevant documents.
• Review the Finance team performance for capacity building purposes.
• Review and verify payments to suppliers and ensure payments are made based on policy.
• Prepare and maintain records for customer invoices and ensure the ETR system, invoices, daily and monthly reports are prepared
• Prepare, submit and make payment of VAT, WHT in time.
• Maintain financial files and records
Knowledge and Skills
- Degree in Finance, Accounting or related field. MBA is preferred
• Certified Public Accountant
• Eight years’ experience in Finance and Administration roles and must have worked with the development sector and familiar with various Development Partner’s reporting and compliant requirements; experience in private sector will be an added advantage
• Excellent knowledge of accounting principles, financial systems, budget/cash-flow monitoring and internal accounting controls
• Good knowledge of procurement processes and internal control systems.
• Must have good working knowledge of computerized accounting software, preferably QuickBooks
Skills and Abilities
- Able to solve complex problems and to exercise independent judgment
• High professional ethics and integrity
• Good interpersonal skills
• Must have good writing, analytical and communication skills
• Critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills with ability to make sound judgment
• Proactive, results-oriented, and service-oriented
• Attention to details, accuracy and timeliness in executing assigned responsibilities with minimal supervision
How to apply
If you would like to join the CBCC Africa team, please quote the position and reference number in the subject matter and send your CV and application letter and three work related referees through firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for submitting applications is 15th October 2019. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.