Education:Degree in Public Health, Health promotion, Nutrition or other related field
CBCC Africa is a Kenyan organisation dedicated to providing locally driven comprehensive Social and Behaviour Change (SBC) solutions across different sectors using evidenced based programming, continued innovative approaches and strengthened partnerships. We have demonstrated expertise in SBC programme design, planning, implementation, evaluation, training, capacity strengthening and research. CBCC Africa is committed to achieving transformation of communities as well as creating lasting and impactful societal change through our contribution to SBC policy and practice in Kenya and the rest of Africa.
CBCC Africa is seeking to recruit a Health and Nutrition Program Officer to be based in Samburu County for an Adolescent Nutrition Program.
This is an 18 months’ project (September 2020 to March 2022) which aims to contribute to improved nutrition of adolescent girls and boys (10-19 years) in Samburu Central Sub county within Samburu County.
The Health and Nutrition Program Officer will be responsible for implementation of the project in Samburu in line with Sub county and County needs, context, and structures. The officer will support field implementation of all the activities, innovations and locally relevant strategies in consultation with the core County teams and provide continuous monitoring and technical assistance.
The officer will report to the Senior Programmes Manager.
- Spearhead the implementation of the Adolescent Nutrition project SBC strategy for Suguta Marmar Ward, Samburu Central Sub County
- Ensure work plan objectives, activities, budgets and project implementation are completed on schedule, on budget, and with the highest level of quality
- Contribute to timely, accurate and appropriate reporting of programme activities and results including monthly, quarterly and annual progress reports
- Participate regularly in relevant coordination and technical working groups and task forces at county and national level
- Carry out other tasks as required by CBCC Africa leadership ensuring overall success of the project
Knowledge and Skills
- Degree in one of the following or related fields: Nutrition and Dietetics, Public Health, Health promotion, or other related field, or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- A minimum of 5 years’ work experience • Demonstrated experience in implementing and providing technical assistance in Health and Nutrition programmes
- A team player accustomed to building team capacity and with excellent interpersonal, writing, and oral presentation skills
- Strong management, results oriented and decision-making skills
- Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines and intense pressure to perform
- Proven ability to respond to changing situations in a flexible manner
- Strong experience in county-level advocacy and policy-planning
How to apply
If you would like to join the CBCC Africa team, please quote the position and reference number in the subject matter and send your CV and application letter and three work related referees through firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for submitting applications is 5th March 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.